3. Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Fudge Pie
Salty, sweet and so absolutely perfect. Folks will beg you for this recipe.
½ package refrigerated piecrusts
1 c. butter
½ c. creamy peanut butter
1¼ c. firmly packed brown sugar
1¼ c. all-purpose flour
½ c. roasted unsalted peanuts
3 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
½ c. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
3 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. salt
1 jar caramel topping (such as Smucker’s)
½ tsp. flaked sea salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Fit refrigerated piecrust into a 9-inch glass pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp as desired.
- Using a fork, stir together 1/4 cup softened butter, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup flour in a bowl until crumbly; stir in peanuts. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave chocolate and remaining 3/4 cup butter in a microwave-safe bowl at high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in granulated sugar, cocoa, and remaining 1 cup brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in vanilla, salt, and remaining 3/4 cup flour. Pour mixture into prepared piecrust. Crumble peanut butter mixture over top of pie. (The peanut butter mixture will extend above rim of pieplate but will not overflow when baked.)
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes or until center of pie is puffed and set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together caramel topping and remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter; drizzle 4 tablespoons over top of pie. Cool pie completely (about 1 hour). Sprinkle with flaked sea salt. Serve with remaining sauce.